The Account Executive position is responsible for generating sales for the company. We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Account Rep with proven experience selling telecommunications, audiovisual and security products and services in multiply verticals. The Account Executive will be responsible for managing a client book and proactively reaching out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while continuously hunting and closing new business. Some sales may come from existing customers, but it is more important for the Account Executive to pursue new leads and cultivates them into revenue opportunities. The ideal candidate has a history of bringing on new business and hitting sales quotas and loves the challenges that come with B2B prospecting in a highly competitive market.
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long term partnerships
- Meet or exceeds sales quotas
- Present products to prospective clients
- Provide professional after-sales support to enhance the customers’ dedication
- Maintain accurate information within the CRM database. Constantly update information about activities, history, and opportunities. Interface with a Sales Coordinator as needed to ensure accurate information. Specific measurable information includes: calls made; meetings held; new opportunities identified; quotes presented; quotes approved, and quotes lost.
- Ensure quotes (and all correspondence) are proofed and accurate prior to sending to the Customer to present a professional proposal.
- Facilitate the scheduling of approved projects with Operations staff. Be sure time lines, deadlines, and other important scheduling information is clearly communicated.
- Keep track of the project’s status.
- Remain in frequent contact with the clients in your responsibility to understand their needs
- Contribute to new sales and marketing ideas to improve the company’s image in the community, generate new leads, and increase sales.
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming to customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or greater; six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read blue prints accurately.
- A degree of technical aptitude in order to clearly explain products and services to customers.
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (Sage 100 Contractor SQL) is a plus, ability to learn other software as needed including but not limited to Visio, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint Database software.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Valid driver’s license
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.