The Connectivity Group has an immediate opening for an experienced Audio Visual Sales Engineer. This position is responsible for the pre-sales audio/visual designs and sales quotes/estimations, and post-sales project management, installation support, and commissioning of AV projects.
This is a Massachusetts/southern New Hampshire/remote position and reports to the Senior Director.
- Strategize with account executives on their leads/opportunities to determine the appropriate AV solution.
- Develop quotes/proposals/solutions for the sales team while also ensuring they meet the client’s needs, budget, timeline, and requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of AV solutions to ensure that equipment is installed per industry standards and best practices.
- Attend technical training to support company products and services.
- Work closely with members of the operations departments and sub-contractors.
- Strengthen customer relationships by providing excellent customer service through superior technical solutions, rapid response, creative thinking, and frequent communication.
- Assess AV technologies to select products and services that are appropriate for us to sell.
- Work with operations management to determine ways to improve the technical capabilities of the staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or greater or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CTS-I or CTS-D
- Minimum of five (5) years of AV technical experience.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Documented experience designing AV solutions for large corporate customers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret design drawings, technical documents, and industry / governmental regulations and specifications.
- Ability to write proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, coworkers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, ratios, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software and systems; design software such as Visio, CAD, D-Tools; project management software such as MS Project; other software such as Sage Database, RT Order processing systems; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
The Connectivity Group is a fast growing technology company providing design, installation, and support services for low-voltage infrastructure and equipment. Our professional services fall into five major disciplines: Structured Network Cabling, Audio-Visual Solutions, Security Solutions, Wireless Networks, and Telephone Systems. Established in 2006, this Maine based business has performed work in 44 states and 24 countries.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for four years in a row, Connectivity Group and sister company Connectivity Point Design and Installation, is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
Connectivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please apply through the link below:
We look forward to hearing from you!