The Connectivity Group and sister company Connectivity Point Design & Installation specializes in the infrastructure for voice, data, video and security systems. We design and install network cabling, audio/visual equipment, sound masking/speech privacy systems, surveillance and security solutions, cellular boosters, telephone systems, and offer “smart hands” field support. Working regionally using Connectivity Point technicians, and nationally/globally using Connectivity Group’s network of qualified partners, allows us to be our customer’s One Point of contact for all their technology infrastructure needs. Connectivity Group is currently seeking a fulltime Audio-Visual Field Engineer for our NH/MA and RI markets. The Audio-Visual Field Engineer is responsible for being the liaison between field technicians and design team to ensure the installation of the purchased system is executed as expected and agreed upon with the customer ensuring a high level of customer service and profitability.
- Review project documentation to check for accuracy and gain a thorough understanding.
- Create and maintain control system UI’s and Source/Configuration software.
- Bench/configure hardware prior to delivery of systems to site to confirm
- Work with design team to create and update project installation documents using Visio, Excel, and/or CAD as
- Coordinate on-site implementation process for AV installations and service
- Travel as This may include overnight travel out of state via planes/trains/automobile.
- Lead by
- Oversee implementation of AV solutions to ensure that equipment is installed per industry standards and best This may require working in the field along with AV technicians to accomplish the installation objective, timeline, and goal of customer satisfaction.
- Report any out of scope work required to allow for change order generation as
- Participate in customer construction status calls/meetings as
- Provide detailed project field status updates to AV Operations Manager and design
- Provide end user training on newly installed systems
- Strengthen customer relationships by being responsible, accurate, helpful, and
- Proactively look for opportunities to provide more value-add services to
- Assist with maintaining customer profiles and standards documents to ensure
- Provide remote technical support for out-of-market technicians in the field as
- Assist with updating RT software with ticket
- Assist with ensuring customer profile documents are maintained and
- Stay up to date on AV technologies and installation
- Work with the rest of the AV team to evaluate new products and
- Perform other assigned duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two to three years minimum industry experience in audio-visual system sales, management, service or installation; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid audio-visual system industry experience including sales, service, project management and/or installation of control systems, audio equalization, and video
- DSP configuration and system commissioning/balancing (Clearone & Biamp)
- Experience with AutoCAD, D-Tools, Visio, or other design software a plus.
- Touch Panel UI Creation via Extron & Crestron software
- Ability to edit and create various manufacturer control systems (Extron, Crestron, Biamp, )
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and focused attention to detail.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional
- Excellent communication and listening
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal
- Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.