Connectivity Point Design and Installation has an immediate opening for a Deployment and Cabling Technician. This role supports both the Deployment and Cabling divisions as needed. In the role of Deployment Technician, this role provides network and point of sale hardware installation, maintenance and service throughout New England and New York State. In the role of Service Technician, this role will trouble shoot and maintain commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems for various customers. In both roles, this position will educate customers on the proper use, services and maintenance of equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer. This position works closely with the Service Coordinator, Project Manager(s) and Customers to perform the onsite field service work requests and ensure their successful completion.
This job will require regional travel and scheduling flexibility including days, nights, weekends and on-call work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic to advanced technical skills with installation, service, troubleshooting and maintaining of commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems.
- Solid level of understanding of PC components, PC hardware and associated software. A+ certification is a plus.
- Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred but not required
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including trouble shooting and service preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please apply through the link below: https://kmahumanresourcesconsulting.recruiterbox.com/jobs/
We look forward to hearing from you!