Connectivity Point Design and Installation has an immediate opening for an Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will assist the senior operations team in managing the day to day needs of the schedule and the technicians in the field. He or she will work closely and in collaboration with the operations team and the other departments within the company.
This full-time position located in Auburn, Maine, and reporting to the Project Coordinator and the Service Coordinator.
- Assist in the oversight of the daily scheduling activities of 45 +/- project technicians for regional field operations at approximately 15-20 different locations daily and 15 service technicians.
- Assist in the coordination of the close out process which includes, compiling test results, As-builts and final project documents for distribution back to the customer as well as data entry of close out information in Sage 100.
- Assist the operations team by responding quickly to customer requests and organize the field technicians efficiently.
- Job will require some night and weekend oversight.
- Take incoming customer calls and then schedule and coordinate some service calls.
- Create dispatch ticket for all service calls.
- Dispatch Service Technicians, one call at a time.
- Dispatch Service Technicians from home to first call.
- Debrief Service Technicians after completion of each call.
- Respond to all messages left overnight.
- Maintain the dispatch schedule and provide feedback regarding manpower needs to upper management.
- Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
- Follow up on all pending and recommended work with customer utilizing the pending work log. Order parts for special orders.
- Identifies and coordinates needs and receives direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases.
- Works collaboratively with the Materials Manager and the Warehouse Manager to ensure field technicians have the materials and equipment needed on an ongoing basis.
- Responds to customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Identifies potential problems, troubleshoots, escalates issues to appropriate managers or departments
- Tracks and reports on projects including percentage project completion, technician productivity, materials lists.
- Works with financing to ensure billing and invoicing is accurate and complete.
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation including voice, data and video structured cabling systems.
- Knowledge of Cabling/AV/Security/Voice and Data network infrastructure industry is recommended but not required
- Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, notes and specifications to provide a response that meets the requirements provided.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling
- Patience and the ability to work with customers in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Connectivity Point Design and Installation is a fast growing technology company providing design, installation, and support services for low-voltage infrastructure and equipment. Our professional services fall into five major disciplines: Structured Network Cabling, Audio-Visual Solutions, Security Solutions, Wireless Networks, and Telephone Systems.
Established in 2002, this Maine based business has approximately 100 employees and has performed work in 44 states and 24 countries.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for four years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
Connectivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: https://kmahumanresourcesconsulting.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06k3i
We look forward to hearing from you!