This is an estimator position responsible for all aspects of cost estimation for assigned projects. Must have experience in successful estimation of projects of all scopes and sizes including copper and fiber optic cabling. Experience in commercial properties, healthcare, hospitality, government and other project types.
Prepare detailed time and materials estimates and proposals for each bid opportunity, design/build request and service request assigned. Provide creative cabling solutions to compete in competitive environments. Prepare designs that meet the job requirements and the applicable codes and standards. Communicate with clients, architects, engineers and other contractors. Acquire project documents, perform take offs, review specs, estimate materials and labor needed. Price materials with vendors, secure pricing from sub-contractors when needed and prepare a final time and materials estimate using our estimating software. Prepare a detailed proposal using word processing software. This position is also responsible for managing the files and folders associated with each project.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation including voice, data and video structured cabling systems.
- BICSI RCDD Certification preferred but not required with applicable estimating experience.
- Solid working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation. Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, notes and specifications to provide a response that meets the requirements provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please apply by sending resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Click here for full job description.