The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing and recording of payroll for Connectivity Point and Connectivity Group with approximately 120 employees. Preferred candidates must be deadline driven and have a solid knowledge of and ability to administer payroll and financial information following proper accounting principles. Strong attention to detail and ability to manage routine responsibilities both efficiently and accurately is a must.
- Weekly time collection and processing of payroll, with appropriate payroll deductions, benefits and taxes, filing periodic payroll tax returns, and all related reporting with proper accounting.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of retroactive payments, shift differentials, bonuses, new hires and terminations.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Weekly timesheet entry and validation in Sage.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Investigate and respond to all employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain all payroll records and documents.
- Conduct periodic audits of all payroll records.
- Process job hour and job costing reports in Sage for management.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure accurate payroll postings to the general ledger.
- Knowledge of all aspects of payroll, preferable in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- 3-4 years of payroll experience is required. An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required. Related industry experience is also preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform accounting and financial functions and analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent organization and mathematical skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Sage 100 a must.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.