The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management for assigned projects from start to finish. This position ensures all the necessary information is conveyed to the appropriate lead technician, handling all change requests, materials management, time management and other project management duties.
- Review all project documents and be familiar with all aspects of the Project.
- Understand the materials to be installed and the work to be performed.
- Know the codes and standards that apply to the work to be performed.
- Work with Sales/Account Managers on startup documents and submittals. Provide details from the specification, drawings and our materials and labor as needed.
- Review materials, make updates and changes as needed. Verify colors, sizes, quantities.
- Work with operation on scheduling and man-power forecasts.
- Work with the materials manager on when to order materials, quantities to order and have available, delivery location and coordination.
- Make site visits throughout the job to evaluate the technicians and work quality.
- Work closely with the onsite lead technicians to recognize and capture any additional work. Prepare change orders as needed.
- Works with operations and Sales/Account Managers with close out documents. Make sure test results and as-builts are sent back to the office.
- Mentor, train field personnel on proper installation techniques and project management.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years as a successful Technician, BICSI Technician or RCDD.
- Working knowledge of BICSI EIA/TIA standards, National Electric Code, OSHA and relevant building codes
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation including voice, data and video structured cabling systems.
- Solid working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation. Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, notes and specifications to provide a response that meets the requirements provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!