The Security Technician position is responsible for performing the installation of commercial electronic security systems and components. Educate customers on the proper use of all installed equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
- Performs New Commercial Alarm, Fire, CCTV and Card Access System Installations.
- Performs alarm system installations, upgrades, and additions.
- Performs Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Performs System Testing and Signal Verification.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
- Attends Classroom and Field Training as required.
- Complies with company’s vehicle policy.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years minimum alarm industry installation technician experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strongly prefer individuals with Maine State Low Voltage license and NICET I certification or higher.
- Strong candidates with an interested and ability to attain this license and certification may be considered.
- Solid security and alarm system industry experience includes installation, programming and service of IP Video Systems, Access Control Systems, Fire Alarm Systems and Intrusion Systems.
- State of Maine technicians must possess or acquire a Maine State Low Voltage license.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation.
- Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team.
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!