The Service Technician position performs service and maintenance of commercial network and low voltage infrastructure wiring. Educate customers on the proper use, services and maintenance of equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic to advanced technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation including voice, data and video structured cabling systems.
- Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including trouble shooting and service preferred.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation. Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- This job will require on-call nights and weekend work.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org