Connectivity Point Design and Installation has immediate openings for Service Technicians for service and maintenance of commercial Network and Low Voltage Infrastructure wiring. Provide service, installation and maintenance. Educate customers on the proper use, services and maintenance of equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer. This position works closely with the Service Coordinator, Project Manager(s) and Customers to perform onsite field service work requests and ensure their successful completion.
These full-time benefit eligible positions require regional travel and scheduling flexibility including days, nights, weekends and on-call work.
- Service, trouble shoot and maintain commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
- Load customer provided image files on customer provided network equipment
- Inventory and organize customer staging and storage area
- Work with customer helpdesk and IT support to confirm hardware is on line and operating as expected
- Accurately document and report any issues encountered while onsite for installations.
- Collect and document hardware specific information such as serial numbers, quantity of devices, etc. as required and enter into customer inventory management system.
- Travel regionally to various customer sites
- Ensure work is completed following customer specifications and to industry standards.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic to advanced technical skills with installation, service, troubleshooting and maintaining of commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems.
- Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred but not required.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including trouble shooting and service preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- This job will require regional travel and scheduling flexibility including days, nights, weekends and on-call work.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.