Connectivity Point Design and Installation has an immediate openings for a Structured Cabling Technician to perform the installation of commercial Network and Low Voltage Infrastructure wiring. Educate customers on the proper use of all installed equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
We are currently hiring full time technicians for Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
- Perform new and retro-fit Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic and Paging cabling installations.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including installation, trouble shooting and service.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ideal candidate will possess Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications. Strong candidates with an interest and ability to attain these licenses and certification may be considered.
- State of Maine technicians will a need to possess or acquire a Maine State Low Voltage license.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or the equivalent in prior work experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license