The Warehouse Assistant position is responsible for supporting the Materials Manager to ensure all structured cabling materials and supplies are ordered, inventoried, tracked and supplied to the field technicians on a timely basis. This is a part time position. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assists with shipping and receiving functions as needed according to procedure.
- Operates company vehicle to transport materials; makes deliveries and picks up materials from other locations, including storage and disposal.
- Assists with packaging shipments, including United Parcel Service; and loads and unloads trucks.
- Inspects incoming products and materials for condition and quantities received.
- Assists with organizing and maintaining warehouse area; places incoming stock in proper location; and pulls stock for upcoming orders.
- Scans items shipped/received into inventory; and takes inventory, performing cycle count as requested.
- Maintains and cleans work area, including cleaning and sweeping floors.
- Communicates with Materials Manager and management regarding work instructions and status of shipping/receiving.
- Assists with procedures for in-process, final inspection, and overall quality of shipments/materials received.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one month of shipping/receiving experience, preferably in a construction or technology industry.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to gain knowledge of and perform inventory management functions.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.